Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Does a comforter, comfort?

About 3 or 4 months ago I went on the hunt for a new comforter for our bed.  this was right after the wedding so I still had some gift cards to Bed Bath & Beyond that were burning holes in  my wallet.  However, before I even started I was faced with a challenge.  My new husband apparently produces and exhumes heat in his sleep and can only have a comforter that will not encourage this.  I, on the other hand, would buy one with an electric heater built in for myself.  So you can understand the predicament I was obviously in.  If only they made two sided bed covers...hmm, sounds like a patent with my name on it.  Anyway, in a store as big and plentiful as BB&B I was fairly certain I would find something that would suffice.  I searched high and low and looked at literally every comforter, spread, quilt, and blanket in the store but to no avail.  Feeling defeated, I was on my way out when the clearance table caught my eye.  If you know anything about me at all, you know I can sniff clearance tables out from miles away.  I stopped for a quick gander and there before my very eyes was just the thing I had come for.  Alas, my efforts were not in vain...or were they?  This thing was the perfect color, texture, and size and because it was missing the shams, it was an amazing deal!  I snatched it up and ran home to see how amazing it looked on our bed.  No surprise, it did in fact, look amazing.  When G got home he even approved.  So that night when we crawled under our fresh sheets and our brand new comforter I just knew it was gonna be a great night.


Now, sometime during the night I woke up an noticed I was lying under a mound of covers.  Oh well, I was comfortable so I drifted back off.  The next morning when I was questioning G about his nights sleep, he informed me, "This thing is not gonna work." "I sweated all night long and finally had to throw my side over on you."  And I thought it was just fine.  Needless to say, I had to remove the comforter and promised to wait until cold weather to put it back on.

This brings us to current day.  I did put the comforter in question back on the bed (against G's best judgment) a couple of nights ago with the promise to take it right off if a repeat of the first time occurred.  This time I have heard nothing from G, but each night that I've been under this cover I have never been so hot.  I even developed a small heat rash on my neck...WHAT, do things like this really happen??  I slept in short sleeves after having on long sleeves the first night...didn't work.  I turned the fan up a notch...nothing.  You must understand, I have never in my life gotten hot during the night.  So I ask you, could this lovely thing have so forcibly turned on me?  It still resides on the bed for now, but I assure you it's going to have to make some serious changes if it plans on staying there.  Maybe it was just a hot flash...there has to be some optimism here somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment